No update today.
Well okay, that’s a lie. This is an update. And there was an update yesterday that you probably didn’t know about.
Also, I’ma take a break from the Slave Story updates. As much fun as they are, its time to update with something else for a little bit. And I want to figure out what’s happening next, because I have no idea where they’re going. They just kinda shoved me into a car and kept driving. We’ll be back to their story in a month though!
Anyways, expect an update on Friday. It’ll be something different.
I mentioned this on Twitter, but I thought I would do a whole post devoted to it.
Towards the end of August/beginning of September, I’m gonna be gone for about two weeks. Rather than leaving up a whole bunch of blank space for two weeks, I figured I would ask you lovely readers for guest posts. I really don’t care about topics, so long as they pertain to writing in some way.
- Essays (short or multiple parts)
- Short stories
- Just about anything
Cut off date for submissions will be Friday, August 26 at Midnight EST (-5 GMT). Leave me a comment that you’re interested, and I’ll hit you up with info on how to get your stuff to me.
This weekend, I had no ideas about what to post about.
So, other than this post, you’re getting radio silence.
Sorry. I’ll hopefully have all my posts scheduled for next week, M/W/F a sprint, and T/TH should be random thoughts on writing related things.
If so, then why are you wondering if we covered the world in salad dressing, would the aspargus feel left out? Or if we give peas a chance, will the lima beans feel left out?
Clearly, you have too much time on your hands.
Did I say this week was a M/W/F update? Let’s just stick with that for, oh… a while. It’ll be easier on all of us instead of me going, “No, we’re gonna change it this week. No wait, back to a five day update. Oops, I lied; no update today.”
Abrupt change of gears is abrupt.
If you read the two consecutive Friday posts I made, this next sprint is along those lines. Its short, and I’m not happy with it, but its a sprint none the less. A short one today to ease us back into the rhythm of things.
Also, if you missed those last two posts, Part 1 and Part 2. Off you go. Continue reading
*EDIT* Added the tags and check the right category boxes. God I’m lame.
The forecast has been calling for rain today. I love me some rainy days! They’re perfect for staying in and
doing nothing writing! Unfortunately, its gone from a 90% chance (which I was really excited about) down to a 60% chance for showers in the evening. Kinda sad about that.
Update schedule for this week and next will be M/W/F, with updates coming in the evenings/late at night. My work schedule has me at 24.5 hours each week, so we’ll see how it goes.
On to the sprint!
The alternative title was going to be a play on “Notes on a Scandal” but I couldn’t think of anything witty.
Things I did to make myself feel better:
- Added tags to the sprints so you can keep up with what story the sprints are coming from. You have a choice of (as of right now):
- To France (Runaway slave in a futuristic-y Earth; only one sprint thus far)
- Indigo Jones (Lead singer of a band, also futuristic-y Earth)
- Take the Long Way Home (Sci-Fi Fantasy mix, may one day be a novel, we’ll see)
- Alexandria the Great (Coming of age [?] fantasy thing. Haven’t quite figured this one out yet)
- Sprints are now underneath a tag, to make navigation easier. Instead of scrolling for ages to get to the bottom, you can now scroll for mere seconds! See? I’m saving you time because I love you (in a nont creepy, mostly platonic kind of way). So Happy Valentine’s Day!
Anyways, I’m going back to writing. Carry on!